Sat, 28 Jan|
Music at Muncaster Castle ALSO LIVE STREAM NOW AVAILABLE
Snake Davis and Gareth Moulton Gala Dinner LIVE STREAM TICKETS NOW AVAILABLE
Time & Location
28 Jan 2023, 18:00
Muncaster Castle, Muncaster, Ravenglass CA18 1RQ, UK
About the Event
Music at Muncaster Castle in collaboration with The Gather, Ennerdale.
Our Gala Evening meal option is still available for late comers
Programme of events
6:00 pm Arrival and reception drinks
6:30 pm Guests take their seats for a Muncaster Castle three course feast - served by volunteers from The Gather Ennerdale
8:30 pm Guests move to their reserved seats in the Concert Space for an evening of entertainment
8:35 pm Live music by the legendary duo, Snake Davis musician, Vocals, Saxes, Flutes, Ethnic Flutes and Whistles and Gareth Moulton musician and singer-songwriter. lead guitarist with rock band “Cutting Crew” and also singer and guitarist with “Wang Chung”
9:20 pm Interval drinks and refreshments
9:40 pm Presentation to new patrons
9:55 pm More live music by Snake and Gareth
10:40 pm Carriages await
More about the artists....
Snake Davis is one of the music world’s best kept secrets. He is a saxophonist of almost unparalleled gifts who has played with the best in the business through a career spanning three decades.
These are some of his career highlights to date:-
- Sax Solo on cult television show “The Tube”
- World Tour with Lisa Stansfield
- “Tonight with Jonathon Ross”
- 1993 The start of his long association with M-People
- Plays himself as band leader in “The Paradise Club” ITV series
- Presents a Masterclass on Tyne tees, Granada and Yorkshire TV
- World “Peace” tour with The Eurythmics
- Saxophonist on Paul Hardcastle JazzMasters Series
- First Solo album commercially available released – Snakebites
- First of many tours with Japanese rock star Eikichi Yazawa
- Digital single “Human Nature” record of the week on JazzFM
- Human Nature No.1 on smooth jazz single charts with CDBaby
- World Premiere of SnakeStrings
- Appearance on BBC1 “The One Show” with Chris Evans, Alex Jones and Gary Barlow – feature on The Solo’s The Star for his sax on “A Million Love Songs”
- Two of his students were BBC Young Musician of the Year finalists in 2014 and Jess Gillam was runner up in 2016
- Klingande and Faul & Ad Wad used his sax riffs on three European chart hits, reaching number 1 in the dance charts in the summer of 2014.
- Snake's performances were included as part of the City of Culture celebration in Hull in 2017
- In March 2020 the Covid-19 lockdown saw the start of Snake as an internet livestream artist with 3 shows and a sax workshop each week throughout the period.
Snake plays soprano, alto, tenor and baritone Saxes, Shakuhachi, Flutes, Whistles and Vocals. He also composes and works as an educator, examiner and music director.
Snake especially composed the introductory music that precedes every streamed Great Atists - Small Venue performance. It is called “Ennerdale Water” and was composed for the Shakuhachi, and Whistle.
In a career spanning over 35 years, Gareth has become in-demand worldwide as a singer and guitarist, onstage and in the studio, for a host of artists, (including Wang Chung, Go West, Holly Johnson, Jim Diamond, Heather Small, Paul Young, Shaboom, DJ Sneak). He has been writing and releasing his own music since the age of 18 and can be heard on many a Snake Davis album.
Lead guitarist with the Grammy nominated rock band Cutting Crew (USA no1 hit: “(I Just) Died in Your Arms”), Gareth has also released albums with the critically acclaimed Prog-Rock group Combination Head, moonlighted as lead singer and guitarist with the iconic new wave band Wang Chung (“Dance Hall Days”, “Everybody Have Fun Tonight”) and composed other wide-ranging music for tv and film.
His songs for the recent, critically acclaimed play 'Fly Half' (5 star reviewed, britishtheatre.com) mark a return to his roots as a solo acoustic, singer-songwriter, and can be heard live in the duo shows with Snake Davis.
Gala Dinner - Places available
This ticket includes entry into Muncaster Castle from 6pm, drinks on arrival, a three course dinner and a performance of live music by Snake Davis and Gareth Moulton.£75.00Sold Out
Adult Music Only
This ticket is for entry to the concert only - Please arrive by 8.15 pm - the concert starts at 8.35 pm.£25.00
Under 15 Music ticket
Music only£10.00+£0.25 service fee
Family Music Ticket
Two adults and two children£60.00+£1.50 service feeSale ended
Live Stream Ticket
This is your Live Stream option for Music at Muncaster. nearer the time we will send you a link to our private YouTube Channel. Tune in at about 8:30 pm (UK Time) If you can't watch it live then you can still access the recording of the gig for several weeks afterwards. Please feel free to use the CHAT option to get in touch with us during the performance; we would love to have your feedback on why you think of the gig.£15.00+£0.38 service fee